Next game
English Premier League
19th December 2010 9:30:00 PM IST
Chelsea VS Manchester United

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Molde Boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Eyes Manchester United Youngster Magnus Eikrem

Newly appointed Molde manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, is wasting no time in trying to use his links to former club Manchester United by expressing an interest in young midfielder Magnus Eikrem.

Solskjaer only moved to Molde last month after being United’s reserve team manager since he retired from professional football in 2008.

Solskjaer decided to leave the role in Manchester in order to go back home and cut his managerial teeth before stating his ambition to manage United later in his career.
Despite being in charge for less than a month Solskjaer appears to have evaluated where he needs to strengthen, namely in midfield.

Having worked with United’s youngsters for the past two years he feels Eikrem, who is out of contract at the end of the season, would be an ideal signing for his team:

"I hope he will have a long and successful career in Manchester," Solskjaer told Romsdals Budstikke.
"I have worked with him for two years and he is a great lad. If he does not get a new offer, he is an interesting player for us."

Eikrem, who is yet to start negotiations with United, admits he would like to stay where he is but isn’t sure what will happen at the end of the season.

"I don't know what will happen," he said.

"I am a United player right now and I would like to stay longer. I hope they want to keep me, meaning I will then stay here."