Manchester United midfielder Anderson has signed a new four-and-a-half year contract, keeping him at the club until at least 2015.
The Brazilian has been on the fringes of the first team after a long spell out through injury, but recent performances have demonstrated to his boss that there is still more to come from the young protege.
Anderson had a fantastic game against Valencia in the Champions League earlier in the month, rounding off the performance with the equalising goal.
"We are delighted Anderson has signed a new contract," said Sir Alex Ferguson to the club's official site.
"Anderson has developed tremendously since joining the club and he has fantastic potential at only 22 years of age, he is going to be a really top player."
The midfielder himself was also elated with putting pen to paper and signing the new deal.
"This is the best club to be at and I would like to thank everyone for the great support I have received over the years," Anderson said.
"I am looking forward to winning many more trophies with this Club and I am so pleased to have signed a new contract.”